Thursday, May 1, 2014

Painting in the Middle of a Lego Fever

Painting in the Middle of a Lego Fever and keeping your sanity while launching a online Art Program for the soul, a video game, and a daily painting. I am living that insanity but whats more is I am loving it. I do not love my son having a fever and needing to be no more than 5 inches from me. I like the closeness but not the fact that he is feeling awful. I am excited because I am so close to uploading my latest video! One people have been requesting for a month. It all pretty exciting. When I finish this I get to do a story board for the video game.
The reasons for me not to do these things are numerous. I could just be swallowed in a wave of YOU CAN"T. Instead I grab a board called Why Not and I surf that wave. So I am having fun, even playing, instead of trembling on the shore. Thats been me my whole life. Why Not?
Its not easy every day but I am descended from Viking and Irish Rebels I have the lean margin covered. In fact I have something that wears like armor against  all the don'ts, fails, and fumbles. I have imagination. Its the thing that lets you see a future no one else conceives. I can picture me in a place much different from now. I can choose the outcome I project on my inner picture screen and cast my movie with places, people, and events that are delightful to me. I know that how I paint today will morph and change vastly far into the future because I imagine it can.
Thats why I let my kids build Lego's at my feet. They are in training to be creators, builders, makers, and Imagineers.




No comments:

Post a Comment