Saturday, May 3, 2014

"Liquid" 4-24-2014 daily painting #29


"Liquid" 4-24-2014 daily painting #29 So I ended up liking the denim more than the copper patina for this. I used several intense Acrylic techniques on this piece. The idea was to connect to the feeling of the wild horses fighting over territory. Strength and freedom. Also for me a feeling of loss as the wild horse is disappearing from the west. Kids no longer connect to the spirit of the west. The romance of cowboys and wild mustangs. The freedom of the trail through and open range. My children will never know this. I fell in love with art during The Southwest movement. The first Artist I ever collected was RC Gormen. The second Pena. I agonized over Bev Doolittle and Southwest art magazine. The world of the great Georgia O'keeffe. "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold" Yeats

No comments:

Post a Comment