Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Emerald" 5-16-2014 painting challenge #44

"Emerald" 5-16-2014 painting challenge #44 So this is the last of the Heavy Bodied paints being abused in ways the Golden, Liquitex, and Matisse web pages all state very clearly they are not deigned for. Today I was pouring through the manufacturing stats getting ready to trip into the world of absorbent grounds. I hope its right I have a gallon of it. The last couple of paintings have been romanic and sweet after the darker turn I did. I know have fluids and flows all ready to go. Prepped pieces dryng for the next couple of days and I realize whatever I thought I was doing in my daily paint has become something else. Daily painters work small with a fantastic economy of brushstrokes.....clearly not happening here. However I am now someplace I refuse to back out of. I am dug in and this is the ground I will be setting up shop in. I have been thinking about Brian Dispain lately and his odd little bit of created world he works out. Imagining what got him there. I a thinking how do we get anywhere in art to build a place that the creator and the viewer can fall into. Thinking about Dune and how I always think of the Gom Jabar and when it is scary I say the mantra.....( You know it)Then I sip my water imagine its from my Fremen suit and I am in the endless desert that is the center of the universe. Its totally awesome that all that daydreaming I got punished for as a child has turned into a super power. I live in a rich inner world and some of it leaks out on my canvas. How awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment