Saturday, May 3, 2014

"Equilibrium" 4-23-2014 daily painting # 28

"Equilibrium" 4-23-2014 daily painting # 28. This is a full circle piece. If you have been following the daily painting you can see how one thought led to another thought and landed here today. If you have followed me a number of years you know how really significant this actually is. My relationship to the horse is no minor thing. It speaks literally to my soul and to me becoming an artist. I was one of those girls I galloped instead of running. I whinnied to say hello. I ate oats and bathed in troughs. I wore english riding boots all day every day. I am pretty sure I smelled like a mix of alfalfa, horse and barn. I drew horses EVERYDAY. From every angle. I poured over Walter Foster art books, Vavra books, and Equine anatomy books. No image for years was left untouched by a hoof or a main. This painting is the sum of a significant amount of pent up little girl horse dreams. It was born in volumes of black stallion books. When I finished it a sobbed. Which weirded out the kids a lot. The kids do not know the girl with the paint Pony named Whiskey who road 1000 of miles of horse trails. They do not know pigtails and pockets full of carrots. Whats worse is I had forgotten that real pure intense love. I am so grateful to this painting and process I never would have really found her with out this painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment