Sunday, June 22, 2014

"Unspoken" painting # 58

"Unspoken" painting # 58 30X24  on a beveled edge canvas. So this is  complicated. Yet it is very direct. I have been drilling down on  an idea creatively.  Pieces that support and explain each other while, still standing alone. I am really hoping they stand out inform each other. Thats the thing when you build a body. It builds itself like a trail of bread crumbs one leading to the next until the meaning of the whole reveals itself. In the obvious element the subjects are equine but in fact like riders they carry their true meaning. It is a saturated group. But I am  a highly saturated person. It is was always color for me. Big color and little color. During my time in the commercial world of art I spent my time in neutral chains. Never confronting the buyer with anything that might clash with their mind or their home. Subjects should be bold but unobtrusive so as to not overwhelm the sofa cushions or the residents. I remember the agent over the phone urging a lack of pink or orange. "I can't sell orange" "pink will drive away money...is it red or that horrific pink?!!!" I remember looking over the isle at Art Exo new york at the bright colors from the Israeli and Persian artist thinking wow they are living their art. Mostly east coast collectors there will concrete lofts full of light.
BUT THIS...is not that. This is a subject that is bold and meaningful to me. It may be uncomfortable and it does not fade into a background politely. In fact I have no intention about being polite about any of it. I will not be bridled or muzzled. I will do my best to create work that is meaningful and true. That is free and does what it must.

Painting is for sale $375.00 I do ship

No comments:

Post a Comment