Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Executioner" painting #51

"Executioner" painting #51 I went ahead and finished the idea I posted for SP. The topic today was Owl executioner. Lots of clever stuff went up and I think this fit right in. I was pretty tickled at the idea of the cat in the owls eyes. This narrative of something greater that what we see in the boundaries of the painting is one of my favorite things to get into. Fundamentally I am taking myself and the viewer on a little trip. I live and breathe emotion. How we feel about things and the story mortal eyes may not see behind it. I enjoyed the challenge of illuminating the owl sinking, horrified, and horrified experience but still leaving room for the humor in the moment. I mean we feel like he can just go. I want to make the viewer mentally sweat the owls escape. Of course their will always be a viewer or two who will cheer for the cat. This one is for my story tellers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment