Saturday, June 21, 2014

"Spectacle" painting #57

"Spectacle" painting #57 gallery wrap 60X72 This was a physically. mentally, and emotionally demanding painting. In a very large space I am putting myself completely on display and to do that I have to paint authentically. Honestly I am proud of it. Stallions fighting if you have never seen it,  is amazing and horrifying. There is this moment when you know that you no longer factor in to what is happening. Thats you are powerless and defenseless to nature. There are things in play that have so much natural order in them that they are immutable. This painting was all of my art leading up to this moment. I chose such a large scale because I wanted to fill up the eyes and space with the moment. No small event just constructing this piece. The entire surface and side had to be prepped with absorbent ground. Studies and sketches for planning. Fluids and flows to get the dramatic water color effect. The over sketching to keep that effortless feeling of paperworks. White lining.....so much white lining. Picking the piece up on and off the easel to control drips and blown paint. Nearly passing our from blowing paint. So you see I had my own battle. It was glorious and the echo is now on canvas.
Price 1,200.00 I do ship



No comments:

Post a Comment