Monday, June 16, 2014

"Sherpa" painting #54 My self Portrait

"Sherpa" painting #54 well she's done...or I am done. This was my self portrait or art Selfie. Artists, we have to do these. Its a rule unwritten, but everyone knows along the way you have to paint yourself. Everything I paint is a self portrait because my viewpoint effects the outcome so deeply. I am not one of those artists that takes myself out of the work. In fact I tend to get more rooted into it each passing piece. This particular painting is very personal. How I feel about sharing art with others, how I feel about the process of painting, and how I love the world around me is totally exposed here. Which to me is a success. I pulled together everything I have been looking at the previous 53 paintings. The things that have been important to me in the creative process are here. In fact I feel a little bled out from it. The internal space I have of finishing the piece and putting the brush in water had strong shades of how I felt after labor. It is relief and happiness all stirred up. It helped me with my artist statement and It is it's canvas sister. They reflect well of each other. I hope you love it as much as I do....however thats not the point anymore because I love her. I really do.





1 comment: