Saturday, July 12, 2014

" Forces" 30 minute study #59

" Forces" This is a study. A 30 minute paint sketch for a large piece I am thinking about doing. Almost as big as the Stallions called Spectacle. Now that I am pulling the studio and myself into working order its important to be a professional about the work. That means research and gesture sketching. It means doing studies in paint so I may make adjustments to the final piece. This will be entered into another upcoming Juried show with the VAA. Here is the thing with juried shows. The people judging them are movers and shakers in the art world. Even if they do not put you in a show they have SEEN your work. I want to be seen and then seen again. OH sure I want to get in. But I know I have to be entering shows monthly. It will be the averages of the shows entered and then there you will be. Your galleries will find you, your buyers will find you, and your patrons will find you. You need all three. The only way to get in front of them is put yourself out there... Often. To be exposed and EXPOSED. Sometimes if you are artists telling a strange little story people have to see you a bunch of times to know they you like possibly  even LOVE you. You have to become an acquired taste to be ACQUIRED into someones collection. Right now I am paying dues in Houston then I will pay dues out of state. Then I will go to Expo NY and pay some dues (and some union dues to the guys at the loading docks of the Javits) There are miles to go before the next checkpoint. However this is ART and I know this beast. Now look at the painting. Makes a little more sense what its about now right?!!!!!???

1 comment: