Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Under" 4-26-2014 daily painting #31

"Under" 4-26-2014 daily painting #31 A critical component of art I have come to realize is community. Matt Adams has been a long time friend of mine but even more he has become of friend to the arts. We used to have photo days running around taking pictures and talking about being creative. I remember when Matt decided to take the leap and go full time as an artist. Over the years work, life, and residency in other countries happened. Now here I am starting out on my own Art Journey and look who reached out to give me a hand and help me find my voice. Matt! With him he brings this amazing group of new, talented, and generous of spirit the members of the VAA. On top of that my friends and family came out and brought a rain of love and encouragement. Linda Fleming Cooney spent hours with me. She provided a ton of love, french Cafe music, and captured the Terry Crump painting! So begins.... the war of the Squirrel which I know with be more fun because of her! My friend Kevin Walsh drove out from AUSTIN! Matts family had some amazing words for me I will be tucking away in my heart! My Husband watched the kids. Finally Mike Smith came out with cool company and volunteered. Yes he was injured in the line of duty. Art tags are super Dangerous. But he quietly and supportive bought this piece because he liked it! Whats the point of all of this? Well in this painting there is a lone horse having a play! The whole time I am making this though I am not alone. I have a herd, a community. a family and that is giving me a chance to play and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment