Thursday, May 1, 2014

4-15-2014 "Pasture" Daily painting #20

4-15-2014 "Pasture" Daily painting #20 . So it was a strangely productive day! I am starting to see that nature and my experiences around nature are strong internal themes even as I work out method. I remember growing up on my ranch in Olivenhain Ca sitting on the boulders my parents hauled in to accent our pond and streams. There was a weeping willow that acted like a curtain creating a shimmer and peakaboo effect in the wind. I could sit and day dream for hours watching the light change. Just being present and feeling the wind. Watching the shadows grow, shrink, and grow again. listening for bugs and frogs. I used to like to really look at plants and life around me. How much detail could I see. It always amazed me how complex and organized it all was. How busy a quiet lazy could day to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment