Thursday, May 1, 2014

" Thaw" 4-14-2104 daily painting #19

" Thaw" 4-14-2104 daily painting #19 Its Harder than it looks. I am literally spent. My right brain is worn out and the gears are making grinding noises. If I were a car I would have worn through every disposable part doing this. The intense focus and examination this piece took is both wildly rewarding and leaves me... confused. It is so mush harder for me to tell you the story of how something feels then just tell you the story about it. And then will anybody get it?!!!! This is what I struggle with in non objective art. The translation of the world filter. In objective art I can do it and then walk away knowing the viewer will see my point. Mostly because I force them to. I control so much of their reaction. I use light, subject , and context to construct a very clear visual space. I am a bit of a control freak on the canvas and here in this painting while everything is an absolute outpouring of my internal definition of a experience I resist the urge to just throw in the brush and give it to you in an easier format.

No comments:

Post a Comment